Thursday, July 31, 2008

At The Con 08

I finally have a few moments after San Diego's Comic Con this year to post some pictures. I didn't take as many as last year, but that's cause I was having a lot of fun! It was good hanging out with the entire Hard Ei8ht group and seeing a lot of friends I hadn't seen for a while. We sold some books, I picked up a lot of books (I gotta take a picture of my loot huh?), went to a couple cool panels and met a lot of nice people. Speaking of which, if you missed us this year or forgot to come and pick up your Vol 2 of Hard Ei8ht (our superior super awesome sequel of the ongoing adventures of everyone's favorite 8-fingered assassin) feel free to stop by http://hard8comic.blogspot.com/ You can order both volumes direct from our website. Ain't it cool? But now, the pictures:
The approach to the convention center, I always forget how massive this place is.
Our booth, #1034, mid setup. Hard Ei8ht Mastermind and overall Master Erich Haeger and Matt Spangler of The Those Guys chatting it up.
The calm before the storm.
"I've come down from the mountain to bring thee these 8 commandments!"Some of the crowds leaving the convention center after one of the days.
Masters of the Ei8ht-iverse
Believe it or not this mob is actually a line to get into Hall H at the convention center. The largest room there, where the most popular panels would be held. In was in this crowd mainly to see the Heroes panel then to see the sneak peaks of Disney's Bolt and Pixar's Up. I got in, whoo hoo!
Leaving The Con one night. A view of the convention center from one of the parking structures where we parked a couple of the days.
Dinner one night out with friends. Some of you might recognize my good friends, Aaaamber Dempsey Shikuma as well as her husband Garrett, and my other friends Eren and Wayne.
Is Wayne actually pondering keeping his beard? I'm not sure Eren approves... :)
Eric "The Gute" Gonzalez and his wife Yoly. The Gute's Lotteria characters were again a star attraction at our booth
Looking down at San Diego from one of the lines I stood in to see a MST3K panel. It stretched all the way upstairs around the building but I somehow got into this panel too!
Two of my old CSUF pals Markus and Becky dressed up like Speed and Tankgirl.
I could take him...After I while I got tired of holding this pose and being covered in bronze paint.
The Dragon Emperor's Army was on hand to quell any rebellion should it arise at The Con.
The Gang's almost all here! Awesome Comic Con everybody!
A parting look at our booth as we left it Sunday evening. See you next year booth 1034!

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 11:26 AM, Blogger Alex Deligiannis said...

Hey, these are some nice pics! Good group shots (and I dig the 8 commandments one!)

 
At 12:15 PM, Blogger Eren said...

Cool pics Brian!

 
At 11:58 PM, Blogger chia said...

Wow! So many handsome beards in one post! Your blog has just become 2 times more manly!

 
At 8:31 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

doood looks like it was a blast and wish i couldve made it down this year....... hope to get to see you guys down there next year


thanks for sharing

 
At 7:59 PM, Blogger Rankinstein said...

Whatta ride!
Great pictures!

 
At 5:09 PM, Blogger Megan Ferguson said...

looks like it was so much fun ! I'm saving up to come next year - i'll have to stalk you down

 

Post a Comment

<< Home